We needed to create a magical joint campaign that promoted P&O Ferries’ one free adult Disneyland® Paris ticket offer.
The campaign also landed at a time of celebration – the 175th anniversary of P&O Ferries and the 20th anniversary of Disneyland® Paris. We wanted to amplify this exciting once-in-a-lifetime party that the partnership created.
The campaign was to work both above and below the line.
Social media KPIs:
– 100k total ‘likes’ on FB by year end
– Generate £100k sales via Facebook in 2012
We developed a campaign that embraced the theme of a celebration. Facebook users were given the opportunity to play the Twist For Treats game – a random prize generator. Players accessed the Facebook app and activated a gumball machine that served out golden envelopes containing prizes including a grand prize of a trip to Disneyland® Paris with P&O Ferries. The game could be played each week, to encourage repeat visits.
With such high KPIs to achieve in social media, activation was key:
– We pushed through to the app through DM and email
– Sponsored stories through Facebook to ensure quality engagement
– Utilised ‘mummy bloggers’ from previous campaigns.